Kangaroo Island Luxury 'Flinders Chase Focus' Full Day Landscape and Wildlife Tour
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Cygnet River, Kangaroo Island, South Australia
- Product code: FCF-S
This full day tour explores the wilderness of the west end of Kangaroo Island, including fire ecology, a series of wildlife encounter opportunities, an elegant picnic lunch and the iconic landscapes of Flinders Chase National Park.
Begin the day travelling through some of the fire-affected landscapes of Kangaroo Island, which are recovering quickly following generous winter rains.
Learn about fire ecology and how nature deals with fire. Some of our native flora species only flower following fire!
Travel into Flinders Chase National Park and explore the massive shapes of Remarkable Rocks, a natural sculpture perched impossibly on top a granite dome plunging into the ocean
Break for an elegant picnic lunch in the bush, or if weather permits, on a spectacular clifftop. Lunch features marinated poached chicken, fresh salads, cheeses accompanied by local wine, beer, soft drinks and spring water.
Evidence of the power of the Southern Ocean swell continues at Admirals Arch – a coastal grotto which provides a haul out for a large colony of Long-nosed fur seals which swim effortlessly through crashing waves.
Transfer back to Kingscote Airport or your accommodation.
- One day small group touring hosted by a local guide
- Home-baked traditional Australian morning tea with a selection of hot beverages
- Elegant al fresco lunch set in the bush with a choice of local wines, beer, soft drinks and spring water
- Access to field guides, binoculars and maps
- All necessary fees and admissions